This is Trumpeter's 1/35 SA-2 anti-aircraft missile, built using parts from Eduard's photo-etch set. I only used the steps and some small trinkets off the photo-etch set, as I was not interested in re-building the launch pad out of brass. It was a quick, fun build, and was a welcome distraction from another project.
|Trumpeter's SA-2 Guideline (S-75 "Dvina) in 1/35|
|The stencils on the missile contrast nicely with the bare-metal finish.|
|The steps on the launchpad came from Eduard's photoetch set.|
I used Tamiya acrylics on the launcher, mixing 3 parts Nato Green and 7 parts Yellow Green to make a basic 4BO green basecoat. The weathering process, which involved oil washes and dry-brushing, toned down the stark green and helped break up the monotoned camoflage. The missile was painted using Alclad II lacquer metal paints, which were applied as the instructions directed. Most SA-2 missiles were finished in light grey, but I wanted to do something a little flashier.
Hope you like it! All comments and advice are welcome, as usual.