It's been a long time coming, but I have finally finished up my BMP-1. I used the new Trumpeter BMP-1 as the centerpiece, and seated figures from MasterClub and ANT-Miniatures atop bundles of stowage to mimic some photos I found of the second war in Chechnya.
I bit off more than I could chew with this model. I cut things short by removing a figure for the sake of my sanity, and there are a few details that I know could be better, but I'm tired of looking at this thing and ready to move on.
The vehicle received some simple detailing. I added a few spare photoetched parts here and there, textured some panels, and added wiring to all the lights and the empty rocket rack above the gun barrel. I also cut the fenders into sections and replaced their mounting loops above the tracks using bent strips of metal. I added a couple of missing or understated weld beads with two-part green putty, and used a twig from outside for the unditching log. The only real aftermarket item I used was a brass antenna mount from RB Model, which does a much better job of holding the antenna/flagpole.
I painted the entire model with acrylics, and did most of the weathering with oils and pigments. I injected epoxie "Magic Water" into the potholes in the asphalt and on random patches to create puddles.
Glad to be finished! All comments and critiques are welcome!